Top Posts & Pages
- Green tomato salsa verde- because you deserve it.
- The real moment I became a mother.
- Last Day of Summer Vacation.
- When cousins come to visit.
- Singing (and doing art projects) in the rain.
- Nothing says love like bananas and Russian dictators.
- In the projects: No longer against the grain.
- Guess what? Chicken butt.
- My favorite winter recipe.
- How the modesty police are hurting my son.
Category Archives: Whoops. Got Lazy.
I have lots of thoughts and feelings about mothers. I have one, I am one. My first and strongest belief is that some of the best mothers on this planet have never given birth to a child. I know some of … Continue reading
It’s spring, Gentle Reader. It’s spring! The daffodils are beginning to bloom, the sun has decided to shine in Indiana once again, the grocery stores are full of jelly beans, tiny buds are growing on the trees, and the chickens … Continue reading
When I was twelve my father tried to teach me to dive in the swimming pool next door to my aunt’s house. We spent hours at it, all afternoon, while he tried to keep his patience and I made no … Continue reading
Rain. Lots of rain. Sooooo much rain. I am starting to feel a little bit like Noah, except I haven’t prepared an ark. I’m a procrastinating Noah who ends up floating around on a hastily built raft, pulling aboard drenched … Continue reading