Top Posts & Pages
- Green tomato salsa verde- because you deserve it.
- The real moment I became a mother.
- Last Day of Summer Vacation.
- When cousins come to visit.
- Singing (and doing art projects) in the rain.
- Nothing says love like bananas and Russian dictators.
- In the projects: No longer against the grain.
- Guess what? Chicken butt.
- My favorite winter recipe.
- How the modesty police are hurting my son.
Category Archives: The Little Girl
My seven year old hands me another handwritten note. It is the third or fourth one I’ve received today. Eden tries to pass it off to me while I’m smack in the middle of dinner preparations. “Honey, why don’t you put that … Continue reading
The new swimming season is in full swing. That means I am spending a good portion of my day sitting on a hard bench as my three children take turns swimming laps and practicing dives. Tonight, Eden is in the stands … Continue reading
I’m waiting at the stoplight, hoping to get a green arrow through this crowded intersection, wondering if I managed to trip that elusive trigger in time. I have eight million things I desperately need to accomplish tonight and shaving a … Continue reading
As a mom, there are many things I hoped my children would not inherit from my half of the gene pool: my curly hair, my lousy metabolism, my emotional dependency on salty items. And there are lots of things I had … Continue reading
Eden, my seven year old, is in the backyard playing with a friend. They jump on the trampoline, run up and down our hill, then climb up the slide on our swingset before collapsing in a sweaty heap on the … Continue reading
I’m driving my youngest child to her swimming lessons. Few things in this world give me as much joy as looking in the rear view mirror as I back out of the driveway and seeing her donning swim goggles before we … Continue reading