Top Posts & Pages
- Green tomato salsa verde- because you deserve it.
- The real moment I became a mother.
- Last Day of Summer Vacation.
- When cousins come to visit.
- Singing (and doing art projects) in the rain.
- Nothing says love like bananas and Russian dictators.
- In the projects: No longer against the grain.
- Guess what? Chicken butt.
- My favorite winter recipe.
- How the modesty police are hurting my son.
Category Archives: The Boy
I sit at the kitchen table next to my son. We are both in our pajamas. The backdoor curtains are open and sunlight pools directly onto his pre-algebra textbook; a spotlight of sorts, highlighting the most challenging thing we do all … Continue reading
This week my son turned thirteen years old. Not coincidently, this same week Will has officially grown taller than me. I am convinced that somehow he planned this willful height rebellion to occur at the precise moment when he became a bona fide teenager. Discovering that … Continue reading
So remember last week how I was rejoicing that swim meets were over while mourning the end of summer? Yeah. I lied. I’m a liar. You’re probably receiving a Facebook status update right now informing you that Ami’s pants are on … Continue reading
Today is our last day of school for the 2013-2014 year. We are obviously finishing academically strong by taking a field trip today to see The Lego Movie at the dollar theater. (Ha! Sarcasm.) We are also playing board games … Continue reading
Raising a twelve year old boy is a lot like wrestling with a crocodile. Everything seems to be a constant battle as my son grapples to assert his independence and I struggle to instill in him a few more lessons … Continue reading
My son is one inch from being as tall as me. ONE INCH. It seems like just yesterday my son was this: But today he talks on the phone for hours, uses Stridex cleansing pads on his face, and pretends … Continue reading