Top Posts & Pages
- Green tomato salsa verde- because you deserve it.
- The real moment I became a mother.
- Last Day of Summer Vacation.
- When cousins come to visit.
- Singing (and doing art projects) in the rain.
- Nothing says love like bananas and Russian dictators.
- In the projects: No longer against the grain.
- Guess what? Chicken butt.
- My favorite winter recipe.
- How the modesty police are hurting my son.
Category Archives: The Big Girl
I turned the corner in our upstairs hall and ran smack into my oldest daughter. After noticing the look on her face, I quickly began trying to locate the source of her injury. She looked as if she were about … Continue reading
As you can see, my house was inhabited on Halloween by celestial visitors and people of the feline persuasion. (There was also an undecorated twelve year old boy around who took great joy in answering the door all night and … Continue reading
Thursday morning I took Trinity to her pediatrician because I was convinced my daughter had strep throat. Her belly was upset, she threw up, her throat hurt, and she had a good sized temperature. I was wrong. Which only goes … Continue reading
I feel like the signs have been here for a while, but I’ve chosen to ignore them. My ten year old daughter is grumpy, so what? Everyone gets grumpy. And moody. And cries for no logical reason at all. It … Continue reading
This weekend, my son and husband went off on a Boy Scout camping trip. They left early on Thursday and didn’t stumble into the house, completely filthy and exhausted, until late Saturday afternoon. So that left Trinity, Eden, and I … Continue reading
We pull open the heavy doors to the downtown Indianapolis Natatorium, early for once. For the next two weeks, Will and Trinity will have swim practices here, in this professional pool. As we enter, both kids stop, transfixed by … Continue reading