Top Posts & Pages
- Green tomato salsa verde- because you deserve it.
- The real moment I became a mother.
- Last Day of Summer Vacation.
- When cousins come to visit.
- Singing (and doing art projects) in the rain.
- Nothing says love like bananas and Russian dictators.
- In the projects: No longer against the grain.
- Guess what? Chicken butt.
- My favorite winter recipe.
- How the modesty police are hurting my son.
Category Archives: The Big Girl
My husband looked at our twelve year old daughter the other night and had one of those parenting moments. You know the ones, where you look at your offspring and see them not only as your child, but as their … Continue reading
Occasionally the planets align and the fabulous birthday idea that germinated inside your brain for your somewhat persnickety, turning-twelve-years-old-and-it’s-a-big-deal daughter, is just as fabulous when executed in real life. (Please tell me, Gentle Reader, that I am not the only … Continue reading
The other day I was trying out a new recipe for a cucumber and avocado salad. The dressing used lime and mint, so I pulled out the chopped mint from the freezer that our neighbor had given us last summer. … Continue reading
We are five minutes from home after spending eight days away. This relatively short drive from Ohio to Indiana (after sixteen hours in the car the day before, it indeed feels small) normally takes a little less than three hours, but … Continue reading
Eleven years ago, an extremely pregnant woman was told by her doctor that her blood pressure was sky high. So she was sent to the hospital to be induced. This wasn’t the woman’s first time being induced due to extremely … Continue reading
It feels like we’ve hit a turning point in the seasons. There is no snow or single digit temperatures predicted in the ten day forecast. In fact, the meteorologists cautiously suggest we might hit the 50’s. What is happening? Changes … Continue reading