Top Posts & Pages
- Green tomato salsa verde- because you deserve it.
- The real moment I became a mother.
- Last Day of Summer Vacation.
- When cousins come to visit.
- Singing (and doing art projects) in the rain.
- Nothing says love like bananas and Russian dictators.
- In the projects: No longer against the grain.
- Guess what? Chicken butt.
- My favorite winter recipe.
- How the modesty police are hurting my son.
Category Archives: television
We’re almost two weeks into summer vacation. Thus far, I’ve read ten books and watched two entire seasons of Burn Notice on Netflix. As you can see, it’s been highly productive break thus far (just don’t ask me how often I’ve cleaned … Continue reading
When I was little, Saturdays were the best. Not only was there no school on Saturday, there were also cartoons that started at six o’clock in the morning. And if we got up too early, we would just watch the … Continue reading
The Winter Olympics are over and all of us over here at Bunkersdown are readjusting to going to bed at a decent hour. All of us have our personal favorite moments or people from the games. Will’s heroes are anyone … Continue reading
This weekend, my family and I have been totally engrossed in the Olympics. We’ve watched so much Olympics that our language has changed. The kids and I find ourselves saying things like, “Look at the synchronicity in those twizzles!” or “She’s … Continue reading
Remember a year ago, gentle reader, when I wrote a ranty post about how I hated making applesauce and that applesauce was messy and pretty much that applesauce was the devil? And then I vowed I’d never buy bushels and … Continue reading
Gentle reader, it’s four in the morning and I am unable to sleep. Not even the soporific snores of my “fluffy” (read extremely obese) cat are able to soothe me back to dreamland. (Let me interject here that if more … Continue reading