Top Posts & Pages
- Green tomato salsa verde- because you deserve it.
- The real moment I became a mother.
- Last Day of Summer Vacation.
- When cousins come to visit.
- Singing (and doing art projects) in the rain.
- Nothing says love like bananas and Russian dictators.
- In the projects: No longer against the grain.
- Guess what? Chicken butt.
- My favorite winter recipe.
- How the modesty police are hurting my son.
Category Archives: rantings and ravings
April has been a tough month over here, Gentle reader. I feel as though all those spring showers have not only flooded my yard, but they’ve soaked my soul a bit. Too much distressing news, too much stress, too many … Continue reading
It’s spring, Gentle Reader. It’s spring! The daffodils are beginning to bloom, the sun has decided to shine in Indiana once again, the grocery stores are full of jelly beans, tiny buds are growing on the trees, and the chickens … Continue reading
Oh Gentle Reader, January has not been kind to us here at Bunkersdown. Not kind at all. A week after everybody had somewhat recuperated from the nasty flu that’s been hitting Indianapolis hard, we caught another virus that has laid … Continue reading
It is officially Fall, Gentle Reader. I know this because I have begun to officially fall apart. Autumn is my perfect storm. School is in full force. My days are filled with reading out loud, grading papers, and teaching math concepts. … Continue reading
I have changed my mind and my opinion many times in my life. I take some pride in being able to say that. James Russell Lowell once said, “The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinions.” I am … Continue reading
Yesterday was library day, one of my favorite days. I know my kids enjoy it too. They’ll complain whenever I pile them into the car; moaning and whining that all they do is go on errands, that their life is passing them by while … Continue reading