Top Posts & Pages
- Green tomato salsa verde- because you deserve it.
- When the dog bites, when the bee stings (when I'm feeling sad.)
- My favorite movie quotes of all time.
- My life is a metaphor. For what? I'm not sure.
- When a caterpillar heals a hole in your soul.
- Sharpies, glue guns, and tinfoil (oh my)
- Singing (and doing art projects) in the rain.
- In the projects: No longer against the grain.
- How the modesty police are hurting my son.
- Pimped out coops and spoiled chickens.
Category Archives: parenting
My husband looked at our twelve year old daughter the other night and had one of those parenting moments. You know the ones, where you look at your offspring and see them not only as your child, but as their … Continue reading
I have lots of thoughts and feelings about mothers. I have one, I am one. My first and strongest belief is that some of the best mothers on this planet have never given birth to a child. I know some of … Continue reading
Right now the children are scavenging hungrily in the kitchen, trying to find something to eat for breakfast. The pancakes and granola are gone, as is the emergency box of Cheerios that was set aside for such catastrophes, and I … Continue reading
When I was twelve my father tried to teach me to dive in the swimming pool next door to my aunt’s house. We spent hours at it, all afternoon, while he tried to keep his patience and I made no … Continue reading
When I was younger I thought that being a parent meant imposing discipline and order and teaching upon my offspring. When I grew up and had children of my own, I discovered that I was right. And wrong. Parenting, good … Continue reading
It’s early on a Monday morning, Gentle Reader. (That line immediately makes me start singing Easy like Sunday Morning silently to myself. I wonder what it would be like if my head wasn’t jam packed with a million-gajillion songs?) As I … Continue reading