Top Posts & Pages
- Green tomato salsa verde- because you deserve it.
- The real moment I became a mother.
- Last Day of Summer Vacation.
- When cousins come to visit.
- Singing (and doing art projects) in the rain.
- Nothing says love like bananas and Russian dictators.
- In the projects: No longer against the grain.
- Guess what? Chicken butt.
- My favorite winter recipe.
- How the modesty police are hurting my son.
Category Archives: outings and trips
Occasionally the planets align and the fabulous birthday idea that germinated inside your brain for your somewhat persnickety, turning-twelve-years-old-and-it’s-a-big-deal daughter, is just as fabulous when executed in real life. (Please tell me, Gentle Reader, that I am not the only … Continue reading
My family and I spent the good part of last week in Florida. (The bad part of last week we huddled together for warmth here in Indianapolis.) I’m a firm believer in taking Spring Breaks in February, despite the fact … Continue reading
I love Christmas lights. They are twinkly, cheery, happy, and beautiful. Just seeing their soft glow makes everything instantly a little better. For example, when I was in college one year, I put a small strand of cheap, white Christmas … Continue reading
It is a truth universally acknowledged that you must be a wee bit of a masochist if you chose to go camping in Indiana during July or August. (Unless, of course, you have an air conditioned R.V. Then you’re just … Continue reading
So remember last week how I was rejoicing that swim meets were over while mourning the end of summer? Yeah. I lied. I’m a liar. You’re probably receiving a Facebook status update right now informing you that Ami’s pants are on … Continue reading
(This is one of my earliest family reunions caught on film. I am the adorable bald baby in the front row. At some point during this reunion I am put on the back of a pony and apparently lose my … Continue reading