Top Posts & Pages
- Green tomato salsa verde- because you deserve it.
- The real moment I became a mother.
- Last Day of Summer Vacation.
- When cousins come to visit.
- Singing (and doing art projects) in the rain.
- Nothing says love like bananas and Russian dictators.
- In the projects: No longer against the grain.
- Guess what? Chicken butt.
- My favorite winter recipe.
- How the modesty police are hurting my son.
Category Archives: my husband
This is part of the Valentine’s Day card I made for my husband. I laughed the entire time I made it. And when I gave it to him. And when I told people about it. (Just between you and I, … Continue reading
My husband and I celebrated our thirteenth anniversary together not too long ago. Gentle reader, I must admit that I like being married, at least to my husband. (Have you ever stared at your married friends and thought, “How did … Continue reading
Today marks the thirteenth year I’ve been married. I am not the same girl I used to be. The one who thought dressing in a beautiful white gown and a borrowed veil meant an ending rather than a beginning. The … Continue reading
This past month I’ve been on pins and needles as we waited for my husband to retake his CT scan to rule out any problems with his lungs. When he was in the hospital in May, several doctors expressed concern … Continue reading
Whew. May has been a whirlwind of craziness and we only halfway through this month. I’m decidedly nervous for what the rest of May holds for me and my family. First things first, thank you so much for the thoughts, … Continue reading
I drove my husband to the hospital today and he ended up being admitted. He has pneumonia, which isn’t a life threatening condition for a normally healthy man like my husband. But I’m still scared. A little over a year … Continue reading