Top Posts & Pages
- Green tomato salsa verde- because you deserve it.
- The real moment I became a mother.
- Last Day of Summer Vacation.
- When cousins come to visit.
- Singing (and doing art projects) in the rain.
- Nothing says love like bananas and Russian dictators.
- In the projects: No longer against the grain.
- Guess what? Chicken butt.
- My favorite winter recipe.
- How the modesty police are hurting my son.
Category Archives: My Dad
I’ve been missing my sweet Daddy today. It’s been three and a half years since he passed and when I think about all the things he hasn’t been able to participate in or be a part of, it makes me cry. … Continue reading
This weekend I was in the garden (the poor, neglected, half-planted garden) when I discovered that we’ve got little tomatoes growing on most of the plants. It felt like receiving a little present, all those baby, green tomatoes. And after the … Continue reading
Here is the terrible truth about losing someone: for the rest of your life, in moments of great happiness or love, you will always think, “If only they were here, everything would be perfect.” For the rest of your life, … Continue reading
I go into my mother’s kitchen to grab a few last things for dinner. My family and I are spending this Memorial Day with my mother, grilling steaks and roasting marshmallows. The kids have been playing outside for the past … Continue reading
Today is my Dad’s birthday. I still haven’t quite figured out how to observe that day now that he has passed away. The celebrating and remembering happy times tends to devolve into tears and heartache. Missing people you love sucks. … Continue reading
My family is an Indianapolis Colts football family, (some of us more than others, and some of us against our will.) In particular, my husband and son are avid fans. On most Sundays, from September through January, you will find … Continue reading