Top Posts & Pages
- Green tomato salsa verde- because you deserve it.
- The real moment I became a mother.
- Last Day of Summer Vacation.
- When cousins come to visit.
- Singing (and doing art projects) in the rain.
- Nothing says love like bananas and Russian dictators.
- In the projects: No longer against the grain.
- Guess what? Chicken butt.
- My favorite winter recipe.
- How the modesty police are hurting my son.
Category Archives: musings
We seem to be having a lovely, leisurely, albeit early autumn here in Indiana. In the morning the air feels downright chilly and you can see all the children at the bus stops wearing their jackets and sweatshirts. Later in … Continue reading
For one year, in college, I lived in a small, two bedroom apartment with three other girls on a tiny dead end street right off of South Temple in downtown Salt Lake City. South Temple was a busy street with … Continue reading
When I was young I wanted, quite badly, to be the mother of nine children. I had their names and genders all picked out (because when you’re ten, wishing is enough to make it so.) It is quite uncanny how … Continue reading
Yesterday my seven year old daughter opened the fridge with enough force to break the doo-hickey that turns on the light inside. She slunk into the library, hands crossed protectively across her stomach to tell me what happened, but then cautioned, … Continue reading
A few months back, my friend Robin wrote a blog post that really resonated with me. She posted how there was a simple sewing chore she needed to accomplish, but never seemed to have the time to do. As a … Continue reading
I’m going to make a confession, Gentle Reader. Sometimes I put things on my to-do list that I have already completed, just so I can immediately cross things out. It’s a confidence builder and it lets me think to myself, … Continue reading