Top Posts & Pages
- Green tomato salsa verde- because you deserve it.
- The real moment I became a mother.
- Last Day of Summer Vacation.
- When cousins come to visit.
- Singing (and doing art projects) in the rain.
- Nothing says love like bananas and Russian dictators.
- In the projects: No longer against the grain.
- Guess what? Chicken butt.
- My favorite winter recipe.
- How the modesty police are hurting my son.
Category Archives: movies
One of the best things that happen when your children grow up is that you get to introduce them to real movies. Cinema that does not involve Dora the Explorer or Thomas the Train or even (despite my great love … Continue reading
Spring break. It happened to us, Gentle Reader, oh it happened. An entire week away from school and chores and forty degree temperatures. A week of sun and sunburns (despite copious amounts of lotion applied.) A week of beaches and … Continue reading
When I woke up this morning, I could feel it in the back of my throat. A little tickle, the beginning of a cough. I looked in the mirror and gave my reflection a pep talk. It’s summer and I … Continue reading
I am imagining us, gentle reader, on a backyard patio someplace, sitting on cozy (yet chic) wicker furniture, as we watch the children exhaust themselves by running around the yard. The neighbors have cut their lawn recently and the air … Continue reading
Today started out as a so-so day. I am suffering from a small cold, nothing big, just enough to make me want to lie on a couch like a slug. It is hotter than it should be outside, and inside … Continue reading
You will be happy to know gentle reader that I listened to your advice and I got THE PURSE. (Yes, in my head I still use capital letters when referencing to my new handbag.) This beauty is big enough to … Continue reading