Top Posts & Pages
- Green tomato salsa verde- because you deserve it.
- When the dog bites, when the bee stings (when I'm feeling sad.)
- My favorite movie quotes of all time.
- My life is a metaphor. For what? I'm not sure.
- When a caterpillar heals a hole in your soul.
- Sharpies, glue guns, and tinfoil (oh my)
- Singing (and doing art projects) in the rain.
- In the projects: No longer against the grain.
- How the modesty police are hurting my son.
- Pimped out coops and spoiled chickens.
Category Archives: kidney stones.
I spent most of yesterday in the kitchen. These days I make most of the things we eat from scratch in an effort to consume less sodium and keep my kidneys stone free. It is amazing how objects less than … Continue reading
It’s been almost a year since the Giant Kidney Stone Debacle of 2012. A year filled with visits to the urologist’s office, urine analysis, and x-rays. It has not, however, been a year filled with sodium- no sirree bob. Sodium … Continue reading
I’m not going to lie to you, gentle reader. I spent most of this weekend mourning my new sodium-less existence. Especially after a trip to the grocery store. Did you know that there are 250 milligrams of sodium in 2% … Continue reading
So I got the results of the glorious twenty-four urine collection I had last week. (Yes, that sentence was dripping with sarcasm and derision.) It turns out that after analyzing my pee (Aside here: who grows up wanting to work … Continue reading
Today was one of those days. Today I taught my fourth grader about equivalent fractions. The best thing I can say is that no one cried. Today was also when I attempted to show my fifth grader how to make … Continue reading
Gentle reader, it’s amazing how much better I’ve felt this past week without a giant kidney stone or a long drain tube stuck inside of me. I have a whole new lease on life. I even made dinner every single … Continue reading