Top Posts & Pages
- Green tomato salsa verde- because you deserve it.
- When the dog bites, when the bee stings (when I'm feeling sad.)
- My favorite movie quotes of all time.
- My life is a metaphor. For what? I'm not sure.
- When a caterpillar heals a hole in your soul.
- Sharpies, glue guns, and tinfoil (oh my)
- Singing (and doing art projects) in the rain.
- In the projects: No longer against the grain.
- How the modesty police are hurting my son.
- Pimped out coops and spoiled chickens.
Category Archives: just everyday life
It started, as most things do in this family, with a chicken. In this particular case, it was a sick chicken with a droopy head, cloudy eyes, and hunched shoulders. This poor lady didn’t want to eat (even when placed … Continue reading
My seven year old hands me another handwritten note. It is the third or fourth one I’ve received today. Eden tries to pass it off to me while I’m smack in the middle of dinner preparations. “Honey, why don’t you put that … Continue reading
Gentle Reader, I am alive. A few of you have expressed concern at my longer than normal silence (which did make me feel loved, unless you are all a bunch of stalkers and then I feel alarmed.) But I am … Continue reading
The new swimming season is in full swing. That means I am spending a good portion of my day sitting on a hard bench as my three children take turns swimming laps and practicing dives. Tonight, Eden is in the stands … Continue reading
I’m waiting at the stoplight, hoping to get a green arrow through this crowded intersection, wondering if I managed to trip that elusive trigger in time. I have eight million things I desperately need to accomplish tonight and shaving a … Continue reading
This week thousands of children went back to school, here in Indiana. It’s a bittersweet time for me. On the one hand, I can rejoice that we haven’t started back to school (because I am in no way mentally prepared … Continue reading