Top Posts & Pages
- Green tomato salsa verde- because you deserve it.
- The real moment I became a mother.
- Last Day of Summer Vacation.
- When cousins come to visit.
- Singing (and doing art projects) in the rain.
- Nothing says love like bananas and Russian dictators.
- In the projects: No longer against the grain.
- Guess what? Chicken butt.
- My favorite winter recipe.
- How the modesty police are hurting my son.
Category Archives: In the kitchen
I love eating in the summer. (In complete honesty, I love eating all year round. You don’t get the hips I have without a strong, multi-seasonal commitment to food.) But in the summer, food just tastes better. There are homegrown tomatoes … Continue reading
I spent most of yesterday in the kitchen. These days I make most of the things we eat from scratch in an effort to consume less sodium and keep my kidneys stone free. It is amazing how objects less than … Continue reading
I ran across a recipe the other day, Gentle Reader, that intrigued me to no end. I simply had to try it. I had to make it so badly, that I went out and did the unthinkable- I bought something … Continue reading
Picture it, Gentle Reader: it’s a dark, dreary day outside. In fact, it’s the sixteenth dark dreary day in a row. Christmas is over; the snow outside is no longer pretty and white, but brown and dirty. You’ve forgotten that … Continue reading
It’s been several months now, since I purchased processed, breakfast cereal for my kids. But I knew that on our twelve day camping adventure we were going to need some store-bought, sugary cereal. It was a vacation, after all. So … Continue reading
When I was growing up, one of my favorite bands of all time was Air Supply. They were so groovy and their songs were so beautiful to my 9 and 10 year old self. Not to mention, they had the … Continue reading