Top Posts & Pages
- Green tomato salsa verde- because you deserve it.
- When the dog bites, when the bee stings (when I'm feeling sad.)
- My favorite movie quotes of all time.
- My life is a metaphor. For what? I'm not sure.
- When a caterpillar heals a hole in your soul.
- Sharpies, glue guns, and tinfoil (oh my)
- Singing (and doing art projects) in the rain.
- In the projects: No longer against the grain.
- How the modesty police are hurting my son.
- Pimped out coops and spoiled chickens.
Category Archives: Holidays
I have lots of thoughts and feelings about mothers. I have one, I am one. My first and strongest belief is that some of the best mothers on this planet have never given birth to a child. I know some of … Continue reading
I love Christmas lights. They are twinkly, cheery, happy, and beautiful. Just seeing their soft glow makes everything instantly a little better. For example, when I was in college one year, I put a small strand of cheap, white Christmas … Continue reading
Yesterday, our next door neighbors asked if we were okay with their outdoor Christmas decorations. They had one of those giant, blown up snowmen, complete with the lights and motor attached to keep it constantly inflated. The thing is huge, … Continue reading
The older I get, the more convinced I become that it is the little things that make all the difference. I truly believe it’s the small joys and tiny moments that create an unforgettable experience. Here’s hoping that your holiday … Continue reading
He stands sentry, watching over the stockings. Our personal, private security team. (Except when he’s distracted by the twinkling lights and chases them across the floor. That’s a hint for you Santa, so you can get down the chimney.)
I feel it in my fingers. I feel it in my toes. Christmas is all around me. And so the feeling grows. (Name the movie.)