Top Posts & Pages
- Green tomato salsa verde- because you deserve it.
- The real moment I became a mother.
- Last Day of Summer Vacation.
- When cousins come to visit.
- Singing (and doing art projects) in the rain.
- Nothing says love like bananas and Russian dictators.
- In the projects: No longer against the grain.
- Guess what? Chicken butt.
- My favorite winter recipe.
- How the modesty police are hurting my son.
Category Archives: gardening
There is a week in the spring when all the planets align and my flower garden in the front yard achieves near perfection. Lilacs bloom with the first wave of peonies, while the iris let their gorgeous grandeur be felt, … Continue reading
A thunderstorm is making a beeline to Indianapolis, so early this morning I went out to the garden to batten down the hatches. That’s when I saw it- our very first, ripe Black Krim tomato. It was like the heavens parted … Continue reading
This weekend I was in the garden (the poor, neglected, half-planted garden) when I discovered that we’ve got little tomatoes growing on most of the plants. It felt like receiving a little present, all those baby, green tomatoes. And after the … Continue reading
This is my favorite time of year. The peonies, the irises, the columbine, and our lilac bush all beginning to bloom. We have also planted the annuals that adorn a few baskets we have hanging on our porch. For the … Continue reading
I’m going to make a confession, Gentle Reader. Sometimes I put things on my to-do list that I have already completed, just so I can immediately cross things out. It’s a confidence builder and it lets me think to myself, … Continue reading
Today is a gorgeous morning. The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and the air still carries a small hint of rain from the storm that passed through last night. There are green sprouts in my garden beds- visible, … Continue reading