Top Posts & Pages
- Green tomato salsa verde- because you deserve it.
- The real moment I became a mother.
- Last Day of Summer Vacation.
- When cousins come to visit.
- Singing (and doing art projects) in the rain.
- Nothing says love like bananas and Russian dictators.
- In the projects: No longer against the grain.
- Guess what? Chicken butt.
- My favorite winter recipe.
- How the modesty police are hurting my son.
Category Archives: flashback Fridays
I’ve been missing my sweet Daddy today. It’s been three and a half years since he passed and when I think about all the things he hasn’t been able to participate in or be a part of, it makes me cry. … Continue reading
This week my son turned thirteen years old. Not coincidently, this same week Will has officially grown taller than me. I am convinced that somehow he planned this willful height rebellion to occur at the precise moment when he became a bona fide teenager. Discovering that … Continue reading
I have three distinct sets of friends on facebook. There are my Indiana friends who all posted their first day of school pictures at the end of July. Then there are my Utah/western United States friends who posted their back … Continue reading
So. You can pick your nose. But you can’t pick your cousins. And you can’t pick your cousins’ nose. (At least without poking out an eye.)
One of the best things that happen when your children grow up is that you get to introduce them to real movies. Cinema that does not involve Dora the Explorer or Thomas the Train or even (despite my great love … Continue reading
This morning I was going through old pictures, trying to find a nice summer time photo from my youth. I ran across this one and my first thought was, “I LOVED that green, blue, and white stripped shirt!” My second thought … Continue reading