Top Posts & Pages
- Green tomato salsa verde- because you deserve it.
- The real moment I became a mother.
- Last Day of Summer Vacation.
- When cousins come to visit.
- Singing (and doing art projects) in the rain.
- Nothing says love like bananas and Russian dictators.
- In the projects: No longer against the grain.
- Guess what? Chicken butt.
- My favorite winter recipe.
- How the modesty police are hurting my son.
Category Archives: family
So. You can pick your nose. But you can’t pick your cousins. And you can’t pick your cousins’ nose. (At least without poking out an eye.)
Every family speaks their own language. I’m not talking about English or Chinese or Spanish. I’m talking about the little phrases and deliberate mispronunciations that every family develops throughout time. Here is a translation of how we speak over here at … Continue reading
(This is one of my earliest family reunions caught on film. I am the adorable bald baby in the front row. At some point during this reunion I am put on the back of a pony and apparently lose my … Continue reading
One of my favorite cousins got married this weekend and it was an absolutely fabulous time. The decor was simple but lovely, as was the food. The wedding party was beautiful and full of life. After toasts and cake cutting … Continue reading
It is a truth universally acknowledged that aunts make everything better. They make baby-ish rides at the amusement park seem cool. And they make fun rides even better. Aunts take pouty, scared nieces…… and convince them to go on … Continue reading
We had a glorious Easter weekend over here at Bunkersdown. The sun made an appearance every single day, we worked in the garden, I got to visit a bookstore, some extended family came to visit us, and there were plenty … Continue reading