Top Posts & Pages
- Green tomato salsa verde- because you deserve it.
- The real moment I became a mother.
- Last Day of Summer Vacation.
- When cousins come to visit.
- Singing (and doing art projects) in the rain.
- Nothing says love like bananas and Russian dictators.
- In the projects: No longer against the grain.
- Guess what? Chicken butt.
- My favorite winter recipe.
- How the modesty police are hurting my son.
Category Archives: Domestic Arts
One of my resolutions this year has been to drastically cut back on the amount of processed foods I feed my family. It’s been a tough row to hoe because, dang-it, processed foods can be tasty. (Chef Boyardee, I’m looking … Continue reading
We’ve been homeschoolers for three years now. Three years involving lots of fun and learning. And mess. Mess and clutter are the biggest downsides to homeschooling (at least for me.) When the kids never leave, the house never really seems … Continue reading
On Monday the very tired housewife emptied the dishwasher. But her house was still messy. On Tuesday the very tired housewife de-cluttered and organized two drawers. But the house was still messy. On Wednesday the very tired housewife supervised while … Continue reading
This morning the weather was simply lovely. The sun was shining, the birds were singing, and the flowers were blooming. When you couple that with the fact that I finally figured out how to work the ‘close-up’ button on my … Continue reading
Twice a year all over the world, the members of my religion stay home on Sunday instead of going to worship services and listen to church leaders via television and internet. We call it General Conference and it’s a great … Continue reading
My refrigerator is sick. Or possibly mortally wounded. It’s unclear at this point until some diagnostic professional in baggy pants and a shirt with his first name stitched on a pocket arrives tomorrow between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and … Continue reading