Top Posts & Pages
- Green tomato salsa verde- because you deserve it.
- When the dog bites, when the bee stings (when I'm feeling sad.)
- My favorite movie quotes of all time.
- My life is a metaphor. For what? I'm not sure.
- When a caterpillar heals a hole in your soul.
- Sharpies, glue guns, and tinfoil (oh my)
- Singing (and doing art projects) in the rain.
- In the projects: No longer against the grain.
- How the modesty police are hurting my son.
- Pimped out coops and spoiled chickens.
Category Archives: chicken love
It started, as most things do in this family, with a chicken. In this particular case, it was a sick chicken with a droopy head, cloudy eyes, and hunched shoulders. This poor lady didn’t want to eat (even when placed … Continue reading
This year our house has been remarkably fly free, despite the cooler and wetter summer we’ve had. There are rarely any flies that buzz into our home through that tiny hole in the window screen that never seems to get … Continue reading
Eden, my seven year old, is in the backyard playing with a friend. They jump on the trampoline, run up and down our hill, then climb up the slide on our swingset before collapsing in a sweaty heap on the … Continue reading
My youngest child picked up this egg one of our chickens laid and we discovered it was bigger than her fist. Bigger than her fist. Eden looked at this egg that barely fit in her hand and quietly whispered, “Ouch!” When … Continue reading
Last night I dreamed we moved to a new house. Everything was in disarray (as is normal for this sort of life changing event) and so our chicken coop, with chickens inside, sat on the front lawn. Villainous children from … Continue reading
This has been one of the snowiest and coldest Januaries on record in Indianapolis. Negative temperatures, harsh wind chills, and blowing snow seem to be the norm this year, when they are usually the exception. And the forecast for February … Continue reading