Top Posts & Pages
- Green tomato salsa verde- because you deserve it.
- The real moment I became a mother.
- Last Day of Summer Vacation.
- When cousins come to visit.
- Singing (and doing art projects) in the rain.
- Nothing says love like bananas and Russian dictators.
- In the projects: No longer against the grain.
- Guess what? Chicken butt.
- My favorite winter recipe.
- How the modesty police are hurting my son.
Category Archives: books
School’s out for summer! Schooooool’s out for EVER! (Actually, it’s just out for eight weeks, but since I grew up in the 70’s and 80’s, Alice Cooper has greatly impacted how I say that first sentence.) Oh Gentle Reader, I … Continue reading
We are not on Spring Break, here at Bunkersdown. We took our break in February when we escaped to Florida for a few days. However, everyone else in Indianapolis is on their Spring Break this week and a good number of … Continue reading
Last year I had a goal to read 125 books. In 2013, I barely made my goal of reading 120 books, so I knew I was going to have to step up my game. Let me just say that it didn’t … Continue reading
It’s that time again, Gentle Reader, so brace yourselves. For what, you ask? Well, whenever you see advertisements for Barbara Walter’s Top Ten People of the Year or start seeing articles with the phrase “Year in Review” you know the … Continue reading
Sometimes, I just need a book full of bloodsucking vampires and furry werewolves- especially in October when the sights and sounds of Halloween are everywhere. I love my Jane Austen (yes, she’s mine) and I love so many of the … Continue reading
In the Bunkersdown world it is officially fall, despite what any calendar says. Over here we have a very scientific process called, “When do I have to bust out the pants and sweaters?” method to determine the change in seasons. … Continue reading