Top Posts & Pages
- Green tomato salsa verde- because you deserve it.
- My favorite movie quotes of all time.
- How the modesty police are hurting my son.
- In the projects: No longer against the grain.
- Breakfast magic
- When the dog bites, when the bee stings (when I'm feeling sad.)
- This is how phobias are born.
- Family reunions- Bunkersdown style.
- When the world hands you grapefruit....
- Pinterest, changing one non-crafty person at a time.
Category Archives: The Big Girl
I turned the corner in our upstairs hall and ran smack into my oldest daughter. After noticing the look on her face, I quickly began trying to locate the source of her injury. She looked as if she were about … Continue reading
As you can see, my house was inhabited on Halloween by celestial visitors and people of the feline persuasion. (There was also an undecorated twelve year old boy around who took great joy in answering the door all night and … Continue reading
Thursday morning I took Trinity to her pediatrician because I was convinced my daughter had strep throat. Her belly was upset, she threw up, her throat hurt, and she had a good sized temperature. I was wrong. Which only goes … Continue reading
I feel like the signs have been here for a while, but I’ve chosen to ignore them. My ten year old daughter is grumpy, so what? Everyone gets grumpy. And moody. And cries for no logical reason at all. It … Continue reading
This weekend, my son and husband went off on a Boy Scout camping trip. They left early on Thursday and didn’t stumble into the house, completely filthy and exhausted, until late Saturday afternoon. So that left Trinity, Eden, and I … Continue reading
We pull open the heavy doors to the downtown Indianapolis Natatorium, early for once. For the next two weeks, Will and Trinity will have swim practices here, in this professional pool. As we enter, both kids stop, transfixed by … Continue reading